House cleaners, who are also known as domestic workers, are often overlooked in terms of their rights and the laws that protect them. There are many laws that govern the work they do and their rights. But there is a general lack of knowledge about these laws. There are a lot of laws that protect house cleaners. There are also laws that harm the industry.
- Employment law is one of the main laws that protect house cleaners in Australia. It ensures a fair, safe, and healthy work environment for cleaners.
- The unfair dismissal law protects employees from unfair dismissal, which means they cannot be fired without a valid reason and notice.
- Another law is the Occupational Health and Safety Act, which ensures the safety of employees at work. It provides protection against hazards like chemicals or unsafe machinery.
- Lastly, there’s the Fair Work Act, which provides minimum wage and conditions for employees to ensure fairness in employment contracts.
Why Hire a Professional
Aside from being lawful professional cleaners, here are some reasons you should hire a cleaning service in Sydney. They can help you get more done in less time, provide a better service than you could ever do, and save your sanity.
The following are reasons to hire a professional house cleaner:
- To save time and energy
- To get rid of the dirt and grime
- To have a clean home that smells fresh
- To have a clean home with no allergens
Who Should Be Aware of These Laws
The house cleaner should be aware of these laws and take them into consideration when deciding how many hours to clean each day or how many days to clean consecutively.
The employer should also be aware of these laws regarding hired house cleaners. They should be aware of the following:
- Hiring a house cleaner is a requirement
- The employer must provide the necessary equipment and tools for the house cleaner to work with
- The employer cannot ask for a refund in case they are not satisfied with the job done by the cleaner
- House cleaners are not allowed to do any other tasks apart from their duty