In terms of video content, YouTube is the most popular destination in the internet even if it were simply a database for video, however the website is more than just sharing video contents. YouTube continuously creates and shares innovative features and apps making the experience of the user more delightful. YouTube make every effort to ensure each task is user-friendly, from watching a video, creating your own to getting youtube views.
Content Regulations On YouTube
But, a quick looksee of several of the video contents on YouTube may give you the idea that any video content is allowed on the platform. In actuality, YouTube has a firm and strict regulations that every member need to abide by. For instance, with regards to video content, it is against the policies of YouTube to post videos that contain the following:
- Pornography or contents that are sexually explicit
- Frontal nudity (although bare behinds brim on the video platform)
- Graphic violence
- Disgusting or disturbing video footages
- Those that violate or infringe copyright laws
- Hate speech, which includes verbal attacks on certain sexual orientation, gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, or disability
- Those that reveal the personal info of other users
Although employees of YouTube frequently look through videos of users, there are extremely many video uploads, over 65,000 each day, for them to examine to ensure each meets the guidelines and regulations of the platform.
The YouTube Community
Several video content has caused YouTube trouble with the national governments. For instance, In April of 2007, officials of Thailand commanded a ban on YouTube nationwide when they found a video to be offensive towards King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Because of this, YouTube took down the clip and came to an agreement to ban other videos containing materials that are deemed offensive to the people and country of Thailand. The ban was lifted in August of 2007.